Let me just preface this by saying that I'm not saying it's wrong to desire to get married AT ALL. If I am honest I can say that I DO desire it, I just don't pine for it because the Lord taught me that marriage will never satisfy our desires for companionship. While waiting for the Lord's best, remember that He ultimately IS your best and can satisfy any of the reasons that you desire to be married. I found this in a book I read about two years ago and loved it, so I thought it might help give you some perspective about what I mean. Whenever you begin to feel frustrated that you don't have an earthly spouse, think about how the Lord fulfills your needs as your heavenly spouse:
Why Do I Want To Get Married? How Can God Meet Those Needs In My Life?
I want to be loved "...I have loved you with an everlasting
love..." (Jer. 31:3)
I want to be accepted and valued I am accepted in the Beloved. (see Eph. 1:6)
I want someone to adore me The King has brought me into his chambers to
adore me. My lover is outstanding among 10,000
(see Song 1:4, 5:10)
I want someone to hold my hand "...I will uphold you with My righteous right
hand." (Is. 41:10)
I want a help in my days of trouble "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue
you..." (Ps. 50:15)
I want a "place," a nesting place that is We rest in the shadow of the Almighty (Ps. 91:1)
my own to create and use
I want someone to help me in my life There is no one like God who rides the heavens to
help you (see Deut. 33:26)
I want children. God gives us spiritual children like the numberless
grains of sand if we invest in lives (see Is. 48:19)
I want to share my life- the joys and God will share with me the treasures of darkness
the struggles-- with one person (intimacy) and hidden riches (see Is. 45:3)
I want to walk through life sustained Even to my old age, God will sustain me, carry me,
and carried. I don't want the whole load of life and rescue me (see Is. 46:4)
I want a champion of my causes-- one "The Lord will fight for you..." (Ex. 14:14)
who is willing to fight for me. .
who is willing to fight for me. .
I want a companion for this life. God invites us to humbly walk with Him.
(see Mic. 6:8)
It's just some perspective. You can take it or leave it.
No comments:
Post a Comment