1. Many have asked if I have found a teaching job yet. I was offered an interview at a local high school for a history position; one which I truly believe I would have gotten if I had been able to interview. However, they understandably decided not to proceed with the process when they found out I was leaving in May for South Africa. I have continued to look for a teaching job (I actually applied to four schools in CMS about 20 minutes ago), and I am praying that I am provided with a job this fall. However, the Lord's goodness is not dependent on my employment, and I trust that He will put me in a position, whether as a teacher or not, that will best glorify Him.
2. A new update on my living situation. Most of you know that my parents have been gracious enough to let me live with them while I have been in grad school, and I am so thankful for that, because between work, school, ministry, and other things I have been doing I do not know how I would have been able to afford adding rent to the mix. However, an opportunity has opened up for me to move closer to UNCC next year and live with some dear friends in our ministry, and my heart has leapt at the chance to take it. This is still a tentative decision, as the search for a job continues, but I am praying that this might be able to work out and should know within the next month or so.
3. Support! I am SO pleased and excited to say that I have officially passed the halfway mark for support raising! This is for my own personal goal though. My support raising will not be finished once I have raised my own money; I will continue to work hard on support until I am certain that our entire team is able to make it to Johannesburg. In all, we have $102,000 to raise...but the Lord is faithful and I know that He is going to get us ALL there!
In Him,
Katlyn
I also just wanted to shout out to my chiropractic office who so generously supported me and the CCP. If you ever have any medical needs related to chiropractic, Dr. Geoffrey Rose is the guy to go to!
http://www.omnihealthmed.com/


No comments:
Post a Comment