Friday, August 20, 2010

One life is all I am...

Wow, only THREE DAYS until I start graduate school.  Where in the world did my summer go?!?!?!  This is the first summer I have had off since high school, but while I AM sad that it is ending in many ways, I'm ready to bring on fall.  Adorable pea coats, scarves, the leaves changing colors, the cool weather, football, hot chocolate...there are so many wonderful things that fall weather brings.


Anyway, there was a much more important purpose to this blog post than to tell you why I love fall weather.  I was talking to my friend Brooke last night and somehow, we began to discuss our favorite songs.  This one popped up as we were looking online, and, as usual, I began to cry as I listened to it.  I mean, seriously, I've been driving down the road, had this song come over the radio, and had to pull over because I couldn't see through my tears.  I thought I would share this song with you


Back in December I had my world rocked by having a relationship end that I never thought would.  I can't explain the way it feels to have your world ripped from you, and often times I felt like I was so alone it was impossible for anyone to understand how to heal the hurt I was feeling.  My dad was holding me one night, (yes, my mom and my dad physically held me a lot through this time), and he shared the words to this song with me.  When he played it, I felt like it said EVERYTHING that I wanted to say to God at that time.  It became kind of my anthem for that time period.


I feel like there are several of my friends who could use this song right now. To this day, it still gets to me.  I was driving down the road a month ago and had to pull over when this came on the radio.  The lyrics are enough to explain why.  In it though, the author realizes that he won't ever be able to see where his life is going, but he's going to just keep pushing through because he knows that God has a call on his life.  Realizing this is the only way for a person to get over the trials that they will face in life.  It's the only way I have gotten over mine.


I hope that someone out there can hear this song and gain as much appreciation for it as I have over the past 8 months.





Hold My Heart by Tenth Avenue North


How long must I pray, must I pray to You
How long must I wait, must I wait for You
How long 'till I see Your face
See You shining through


I'm on my knees begging You to notice me
I'm on my knees, Father, will You turn to me, yeah?


One tear in the dropping rain, one voice in a sea of pain
Could the Maker of the stars hear the sound of my breaking heart?


One life is all I am right now I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are would You come close and hold my heart?


I've been so afraid, afraid to close my eyes
So much can slip away before I say goodbye
But if there's no other way I'm done asking why


'Cause I'm on my knees begging You to turn to me
I'm on my knees, Father, will You run to me


One tear in the dropping rain, One voice in a sea of pain
Could the Maker of the stars Hear the sound of my breaking heart?
One life is all I am, right now I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are would You come close and hold my heart?

So many questions without answers, your promises remain
I can't see but I'll take my chances to hear You call my name
To hear You call my name



One tear in the dropping rain, one voice in a sea of pain
Could the Maker of the stars hear the sound of my breaking heart?


One life is all I am right now I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are would You come close and hold my heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment